1. Agree or disagree – This week we want to know from you, if all drugs should be legalized? One way or the other, tell us where you stand, but also back it up with a story, an experience, or a reason why you feel one way or the other, if our government should legalize all drugs.
2. Bothered – This week we want you to tell us what is troubling you. It’s bad enough to hold onto the things that bug us, so today we want you to lay it all out on paper, in a respectful way, as to what is troubling you. Can you fix it? Address it? Is it a person or news worthy item? Something you heard from your family? What? Regardless if it’s unfixable or not, tell us what is bothering you today.
3. The photograph – Maybe it’s on display in your room, or tucked away in a scrapbook, or in your wallet. Maybe you no longer possess it, but it something you will forever see in your mind. Tell us about your most important picture. Is it a picture of you? Family? A loved one? Describe the picture and everything that makes it very special to you and something you will carry with you forever.
4. Words from the wise, quote of the week – Back in September 1996, the first issue of The Beat WIthin was created. It featured the thoughts from our writers on the death of Tupac Shakur. 18 years later, we celebrate The Beat WIthin and 2Pac, with a quote from this iconic rapper who left us too early. “During your life, never stop dreaming. No one can take away your dreams.” Share your thoughts and your dreams for a better tomorrow. We all have dreams!!
1. Anywhere – Where would you live if you could live anywhere on Earth? Why? Is it possible or impossible to fulfill this dream? Have you been there before? How do you know of this place? What is it about this place that sparks a desire to live there? Who would join you? Regardless, share with us your dream. Now, tell us in detail about this special place and why you chose it as your favoirte place to live.
2. My feelings – We are all sensitive to being hurt or offended, so this week we want to know from you would you rather someone be completely honest with you or lie to you a little bit if it meant saving your feelings? Tell us of a time your feelings were hurt? How did that happen? How did it feel? What did you do? Or, tell us of a time, someone did not tell you the truth and you found out later that this person did this to you to protect you from being hurt.
3. My last tears – Tears of joy, or tears of sorrow? Tell us about the last time you cried? Did you cry out of happiness and good news, or did you cry due to sadness? Tell us about your tears and the last time you cried. Now, if you do not cry, tell us about the last time someone in your company cried and how that made you feel.
4. Words from the wise, quote of the week – “Loneliness does not come from having no people around you, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to you.”- Carl Jung (1875-1961) was an early 20th century psychotherapist and psychiatrist who created the field of analytical psychology. He is widely considered one of the most important figures in the history of psychology.